Today one of my neighbour died due to heart failure. He was all healthy that day and happy as it was the festive season then suddenly last night god knows what happened and he had to leave us all. He was not very old, nor he had any diseases such as diabetes or cholesterol.
So as he died due to heart failure I thought is there any way to completely stop it, well sad enough there isn’t, you can prevent it but not stop it. So the preventive methods are-
- DON’T SMOKE.
- TAKE PROPER MEDICATION IF YOU SUFFER FROM ANY DIESEAS such as diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. you should get them checked regularly.
- LOOSE THAT EXCESS WEIGHT. Being overweight or obese is a problem itself it leads to many other diseases.
- EXERCISE. It not only helps you to stay in shape but also helps you control diabetes, blood pressure, etc. and also beatifies the skin.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP.
- LEARN TO MANAGE STRESS.
- EAT & DRINK HEALTHY
- Choose foods that are low in unhealthy fats and cholesterol. Eliminate all trans-fat and saturated from your diet.
- Boost your intake of foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids, a healthy type of polyunsaturated fat. Omega-3 fatty acids offer protection from heart disease.
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables that you consume each day.
- Opt for whole grains. They are an excellent source of fiber and contain several healthy nutrients that can help regulate blood pressure and improve overall heart health.
- Pay attention to your portion size when eating. Although what you eat is important for heart health, how much you eat is also a factor in improving overall heart health. Refrain from overeating.
- Consume alcohol only in moderation.
To know more about heart failure visit this site- http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/Heart-Failure_UCM_002019_SubHomePage.jsp