I throughout my life have been struggling with self hatred.
Any over weight person out there will understand what I am saying. Being fat doesn’t just make you unhealthy but leaves you hating yourself more and more everyday. You start isolating yourself.
I was an overweight child and at that age the children around you aren’t old enough to understand what it feels like when they shout out fatso on top of their voice. You cry and cry in a corner. But you say you are strong and fake a smile and make it seem like everything is alright but your heart knows its not. When your mom asks you is everything alright and you breakdown. You don’t want to go to school. You don’t want to go shopping. You cry in the trial rooms because you are a child but have to wear adult clothes. You shy away from wearing shorts. You shy away from talking to people, making friends because you think all they will see is the fat and not the real you.
But wait. You lost yourself in the journey itself. You now hate yourself. The thoughts inside you don’t reflect the other person’s thought about you but your own! You lost your confidence, your carefree nature, your love for yourself!
All you see you see yourself as is a fat ball.
Now you have to find yourself! Accept who you are and appreciate that.
I had lost myself in the rush of life.
I didn’t have very many friends. I didn’t have a person I could cry my heart out to. I was fat!
I thought me being fat was the reason everyone left me. But I was wrong! The only reason people left me was that I hated myself. All I did was rant!
I hated everyone around me because I hated myself!
But then I had enough of it.
I was no more gonna cry myself to sleep.
I was no more gonna cry for the guy who doesn’t even care.
I was no more gonna cry sor the guy in class that made me feel bad about me.
I was no more gonna cry for the friends that betrayed.
I was no more gonna cry for ths girls who bitched about my weight.
I was no more gonna hate me!!
I just did 2 things which actually boasted my confidence, my love for myself.
(P.S they are weird but you have to try this if you are struggling with self acceptance)
- Stand stark naked in front of the mirror. Stare.
The first few weeks you might not like what you see. you would hate yourself but still do it everyday. You reach a point when you actually start appreciating yourself. You start loving your curves, the flaws, the way your body is crafted. Each flaw, each curve, each mark is a part of you, appreciate it and love yourself. Love the way you are, because if you don’t love the body you are in, you wouldn’t be able to craft it the way you want. may it be gaining muscle or losing weight.
- Dance and sing like no ones watching.
I actually mean it!
Lock yourself in a room, turn the music on and start rolling!
I like it when the lights are turned off, in the dark.
Dance to any song, just any! Sing on top of your lungs!
It is a party with your body, soul and mind. They are connecting to one another. Admiring each other and falling in love.
Just sway away!!
You are unique, there is no one out there like you. You are you!
I do! I love myself, though I always would have a regret of not falling in love with myself before. I mean hating yourself is such a painful feeling while loving yourself is the best feeling ever. I regret the time wasted in self hatred.
If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love any one.
You have to accept yourself before wanting to be accepted.
Thank You 🙂
PLEASE spread awareness about the new drug!!
To get involved with them for the cause- http://www.fightthenewdrug.org/get-involved
Their blog- http://blog.fightthenewdrug.org/
Their youtube channel- https://www.youtube.com/user/FightTheNewDrug
To Donate for the cause- http://www.fightthenewdrug.org/donate
Follow them on twitter- https://twitter.com/fightthenewdrug
or facebook- https://www.facebook.com/fightthenewdrug
How porn affects the brain?
PLEASE JOIN THE MOVEMENT!!
Being a student of biology, it’s my honour to wish Jonas Salk on his birthday. These are some 5 major facts about him that everyone should know!
- He was an American virologist (people who study viruses).
- He is well known for his discovery of the first successful inactivated polio vaccine. Imagine what the world would be like if he had not discovered this vaccine.
- Just to see this vaccine be available for the masses, he never got it patent!
- The New York Times referred to him as the “Father of Biophilosophy”. He believed that his science is on the frontier of tremendous new discoveries and as a philosopher, he is of the view that humanists and artists have joined the scientists to achieve an understanding of man in all his physical, mental and spiritual complexity. Such interchanges might lead, he would hope, to a new and important school of thinkers he would designate as biophilosopher.
- In the years after his discovery, many supporters, in particular the National Foundation “helped him build his dream of a research complex for the investigation of biological phenomena. It was called the Salk Institute for Biological Studies and opened in 1963 at California. Salk believed that the institution would help new and upcoming scientists along their careers
“Life is an error-making and an error-correcting process, and nature in marking man’s papers will grade him for wisdom as measured both by survival and by the quality of life of those who survive.”
Sites to refer for more information:
THANK YOU!! ❤
One of the most beautiful video I have seen so far… ❤
The video says it all… LOVE YOUR BODY!!
“For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.”
― Sam Levenson
Today one of my neighbour died due to heart failure. He was all healthy that day and happy as it was the festive season then suddenly last night god knows what happened and he had to leave us all. He was not very old, nor he had any diseases such as diabetes or cholesterol.
So as he died due to heart failure I thought is there any way to completely stop it, well sad enough there isn’t, you can prevent it but not stop it. So the preventive methods are-
- DON’T SMOKE.
- TAKE PROPER MEDICATION IF YOU SUFFER FROM ANY DIESEAS such as diabetes, cholesterol, high blood pressure, etc. you should get them checked regularly.
- LOOSE THAT EXCESS WEIGHT. Being overweight or obese is a problem itself it leads to many other diseases.
- EXERCISE. It not only helps you to stay in shape but also helps you control diabetes, blood pressure, etc. and also beatifies the skin.
- GET ENOUGH SLEEP.
- LEARN TO MANAGE STRESS.
- EAT & DRINK HEALTHY
- Choose foods that are low in unhealthy fats and cholesterol. Eliminate all trans-fat and saturated from your diet.
- Boost your intake of foods that contain Omega-3 fatty acids, a healthy type of polyunsaturated fat. Omega-3 fatty acids offer protection from heart disease.
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables that you consume each day.
- Opt for whole grains. They are an excellent source of fiber and contain several healthy nutrients that can help regulate blood pressure and improve overall heart health.
- Pay attention to your portion size when eating. Although what you eat is important for heart health, how much you eat is also a factor in improving overall heart health. Refrain from overeating.
- Consume alcohol only in moderation.
To know more about heart failure visit this site- http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartFailure/Heart-Failure_UCM_002019_SubHomePage.jsp