I throughout my life have been struggling with self hatred.
Any over weight person out there will understand what I am saying. Being fat doesn’t just make you unhealthy but leaves you hating yourself more and more everyday. You start isolating yourself.
I was an overweight child and at that age the children around you aren’t old enough to understand what it feels like when they shout out fatso on top of their voice. You cry and cry in a corner. But you say you are strong and fake a smile and make it seem like everything is alright but your heart knows its not. When your mom asks you is everything alright and you breakdown. You don’t want to go to school. You don’t want to go shopping. You cry in the trial rooms because you are a child but have to wear adult clothes. You shy away from wearing shorts. You shy away from talking to people, making friends because you think all they will see is the fat and not the real you.
But wait. You lost yourself in the journey itself. You now hate yourself. The thoughts inside you don’t reflect the other person’s thought about you but your own! You lost your confidence, your carefree nature, your love for yourself!
All you see you see yourself as is a fat ball.
Now you have to find yourself! Accept who you are and appreciate that.
I had lost myself in the rush of life.
I didn’t have very many friends. I didn’t have a person I could cry my heart out to. I was fat!
I thought me being fat was the reason everyone left me. But I was wrong! The only reason people left me was that I hated myself. All I did was rant!
I hated everyone around me because I hated myself!
But then I had enough of it.
I was no more gonna cry myself to sleep.
I was no more gonna cry for the guy who doesn’t even care.
I was no more gonna cry sor the guy in class that made me feel bad about me.
I was no more gonna cry for the friends that betrayed.
I was no more gonna cry for ths girls who bitched about my weight.
I was no more gonna hate me!!
I just did 2 things which actually boasted my confidence, my love for myself.
(P.S they are weird but you have to try this if you are struggling with self acceptance)
- Stand stark naked in front of the mirror. Stare.
The first few weeks you might not like what you see. you would hate yourself but still do it everyday. You reach a point when you actually start appreciating yourself. You start loving your curves, the flaws, the way your body is crafted. Each flaw, each curve, each mark is a part of you, appreciate it and love yourself. Love the way you are, because if you don’t love the body you are in, you wouldn’t be able to craft it the way you want. may it be gaining muscle or losing weight.
- Dance and sing like no ones watching.
I actually mean it!
Lock yourself in a room, turn the music on and start rolling!
I like it when the lights are turned off, in the dark.
Dance to any song, just any! Sing on top of your lungs!
It is a party with your body, soul and mind. They are connecting to one another. Admiring each other and falling in love.
Just sway away!!
You are unique, there is no one out there like you. You are you!
I do! I love myself, though I always would have a regret of not falling in love with myself before. I mean hating yourself is such a painful feeling while loving yourself is the best feeling ever. I regret the time wasted in self hatred.
If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love any one.
You have to accept yourself before wanting to be accepted.
Thank You 🙂
Happy NEW YEAR!!
2014 has finally come to an end and 2015 has come bringing new hopes and surprises wrapped for us.
Without saying much, here are 5 reasons you should be excited for New Year,
- New Years are a fresh start! Failures, heart breaks, disappointments, etc. kiss everything goodbye! You are stronger and more experienced, you have learned from your mistakes and from others mistakes, take control of your life because it is a new start, it is NEW YEAR!
- Resolutions. Well not pondering much on this one but this year you might, just might keep your resolution this year and not break it. What do you think? Is there a chance? 😛
- You should celebrate the fact that you survived another year like a fighter!
- New Year money! Receiving money is always exciting 😀 !
- New Years means Parties! So that is reason enough!
I hope you enjoyed!
Love & Peace :*
Thank You ❤
“Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one.”
― Brad Paisley
P.S. PARTY SAFE, BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!
“ALL YOU NEED IN LIFE IS LOVE” and I stand by it!
I have heard many people say that ‘no, love is not what you need, love doesn’t help you survive, it doesn’t pay your bills, etc.’
Do you agree? Atleast I don’t.
Love, helps you stay sane in times of crisis because you know there is someone you can pour your heart to, someone is there to hug you and tell you that every storm ends with a bright day. Love makes you strong, it encourages you to follow your dreams, it stands by you on the bumpy roads of achieving your dreams.
Love doesn’t pay your bills but it makes you realise your worth and what you are made of, which pushes you forward, nearer to success. It makes you feel complete!
It may be wife-love, husband-love, boyfriend-love, girlfriend-love, friend-love, mother-love, child-love, father-love, any-love! JUST UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!
They may not understand what you are going through, why you are doing a certain thing, but they will always be there to support you and guide you!
Love is not materialistic, you can not compare it to mere things like paying bills, it is felt with all 5 senses!
Thank You! ❤
First of all HAPPY INTERNATIONAL MEN’S DAY TO ALL THE MEN OUT THERE!
I did a “5 FUN REASONS TO BE PROUD OF BEING A LADY” on INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY so it would be unfair to the men if I miss out you guys on this day! So here are 5 reasons why you should be happy of being a man! Enjoy!
1. You don’t have to think twice on what to wear because none of your friends are gonna remember what you wore yesterday!
2. You don’t have to carry a baby inside you for 9 months and undergo labour (though you won’t ever get to know the amazing feeling of motherhood).
3. You don’t care whether the public washroom is clean or not because ultimately you would be standing!
4. You don’t have to get waxed and bear all that pain to look good because they are the sign of being a man!
5. And also because without you the world would be a boring place!
So that’s it! Hope you enjoyed it!
THANK YOU ❤
P.S. Writing this was more tough than I thought it would be 😛
One of the most beautiful video I have seen so far… ❤
HAPPY INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY TO EACH AND EVERY LADY!!
Being a lady is tough. You are a mother, a wife, a sister, a friend, an aunt, a teacher, etc. etc. I mean the list can go on and on, and your speciality is that you play each role with absolute perfection. You have to go through tough times but you overcome them all with your strength and come out as a more stronger a more powerful lady!
You are one of the most beautiful of god’s creations and don’t forget that.
So on this occasion I came out with 5 fun reasons to be proud of being a lady, I hope it makes you smile.
Here they are –
- We give rise to life i.e. give birth to babies.
- Girls are pampered by their parents more than the sons are, especially by the dads.
- We don’t have to generally spend money on a first date, its the guy’s job according to the old notions, but it is really a very sweet gesture on a man to pay the bill on the first date, after that though like on the dates after that its wise to split the bill.
- We have lots of choices when it comes to clothes, from shorts to maxi dresses, everything. We can wear guys’ clothes and still look sexy! But the other way around ain’t possible I mean imagine a guy wearing a pink mini skirt or something.
- BE PROUD TO BE A LADY BECAUSE YOU ARE A LADY!
“Ladies, most of you have no idea how beautiful you are. Don’t let mean words from an insecure soul blind you from the truth of your beauty. You are beautiful by design… just the way you are.”
― Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience
THANK YOU 🙂 ❤
“For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.”
― Sam Levenson