I wrote this rhyme for my sister’s play school for the junior science fair. It is an attempt to make children understand the importance of electricity and how it has made our lives easy and that we should save it or else our coming generations would crave for it. I hope you enjoy it with your little ones!
Benjamin Franklin has done a great deed,
He discovered electricity!
Without electricity our lives would be so dull!
Dull Dull Dull!
Our lives would be so dull.
How could we have turned on the lights?
Dark Dark Dark!
At night, our lives would be so dark!
How could we get cool air of the fans?
Sweat Sweat Sweat!
We would be wet in our sweat!
How would we have cleaned our laundry everyday?
Wash Wash Wash!
We would have to wash without the wash-ing machine!
How would we call our friends?
Tring Tring Tring!
There would be no phones to ring!
Where would we store our ice-cream?
Dream Dream Dream!
We all would dream of ice-cream!
How would our lives be easy?
Easy Easy easy!
We all would be so busy!
Therefore, save electricity as I say!
Save Save Save!
Or else the future would crave!
– AMISHA VERMA
“I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.”
― Mark Twain
At a very young age the students have to choose their subjects or stream. Choosing subjects is comparatively easy , you just have to choose the subjects which pleases you but choosing streams is tough.
In India, as we are all aware that we are given 3 stream choices in 11th grade i.e. science, commerce and humanities. These are some points you should keep in mind when you choose your stream-
- NEVER COME UNDER ANY SORT OF PRESSURE either it be pressure from parents, peers or society.
- You should analyse you strengths, weaknesses and interests. Some people may be aware about the CCE pattern in 10th grade, students now have more time which can be utilised to surf the net for career options and upcoming industries.
- You can ask for advice from your elders.
- TALK to people of different professions. During this process you get to know about their experiences and what would be asked from you.
- Consult a career councillor if you just don’t know what to do.
After you have decided in which field you want to go into, choose the subject accordingly.
Make sure you make a decision you would regret in future, just telling from my personal experience.